Thursday, February 23, 2012

Starting Over... AGAIN


I'm not a good blogger. I went to create an account and found that I already HAD an account... after trying all the passwords I usually use, resetting it, logging in again, etc... I find this blog and one past post - from 2007!! REALLY??? Five years ago, I decided to blog and did it ONE time??? Never to return again? Good grief.

I'm an even WORSE "dieter." I don't have any patience - I want to start a plan on one day and wake up skinny the next. If anyone reading this knows that magic formula, let me know... until then, I've discovered something that I actually LOVE and, best of all, I'm seeing results - fast! I have tried every plan out there...

My last venture was Weight Watchers. And I'm not here to knock it - I know millions of people have found success with WW and it works for them... but I found that the "freedom" that comes with it, while it works for many people, for ME, it was just a trigger. I would tell myself, "it's okay to eat this cookie as long as I count the points," but then I'd eat the whole bag... ugh. In 3 months, I lost 13 lbs, then the holidays came and I gained it all back and just never could get back on track.

Then, last month, I found out about a friend of mine that lost 100# in less than a year... naturally, I asked HOW?? That's when she told me about the Body by Vi 90-Day Challenge. She said "by setting small, realistic goals in 90 day increments, with the help of one of five different ViSalus Kits, you can achieve your goals!" I figured... heck, I can stick with ANYthing for 3 months - what do I have to lose?

I decided to try it and have set a goal to lose 30 pounds in 90 days. It's only been 10 days and I'm already down 8 pounds!! I use the ViSalus Meal Replacement Shakes for b'fast and lunch, and have healthy snacks and a healthy dinner. I find that the shakes satisfy my sweet craving, so I'm less tempted - and I tend to eat nuts, cheese, veggies, etc... for my snacks, so I don't crave salty/savory stuff either. I feel great, have tons of energy, and, best of all, the weight is coming off!!

It's also very affordable - less than $1.75 per shake - maybe $2.00-3.00 if you add the cost of skim milk (or soy, or almond, or whatever milk you prefer), fresh fruit, flavoring, etc... if you want to add to the shakes, but don't you spend that much on the food you're eating now??? AND, if you get 3 friends to take the Challenge with you, yours is FREE!! (I did this in my first 6 days!)

Before you ask, YES, ViSalus is one of those companies that you can become a Promoter and make money (just like Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, Arbonne, etc...) - I know people are skeptical of "MLMs" and I get it... but I'll be honest, when I did my research and decided to take the Challenge, I figured, "if it works, if I can help other people achieve their fitness goals, and I HAPPEN to get paid for it... WHY NOT?" But you don't HAVE to become a Promoter - there are many people having great success on the Challenge that are strictly Customers, and not Promoters.

Whatever works for you is the BEST choice you can make and if you're happy where you are and you are seeing results, GOOD FOR YOU!!! Keep up the good work!!!! But I am finding that THIS is working for me and, if you see yourself here in my words at all and would like more info, let me know.

I'm on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/amyjames615 or you can email me at amyjames615@hotmail.com.

No comments: